- 1.5 kg / (31/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 grams / (101/2 ounces) peas
- 3 medium carrots
- 800 grams / (13/4 pounds) potatoes
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml / (31/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into cubes and reserve in water.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, chopped garlics, chopped onions, the peeled tomatoes cut into chunks and the chicken. Season with salt, pepper and bay leaf, stir, cover the pan and bring to low heat for about 30 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Add the potatoes along with the peas, the carrots cut into small pieces and the water (enough to cover completely the mixture). Season with a little more salt, stir and cook for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.