- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams / (1.75 pounds)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3.33 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt (to taste)
How to cook:
- Wash and peel the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook about 25 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, place them in a dish and mash the potatoes with a fork; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan with water, cook the cod about 5 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and remove the skin and bones. Shred with a fork and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the shredded cod, stir and simmer about 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper and mix in the cod. Turn off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Pour the beaten egg and the chopped parsley and stir until obtain a compact mixture. Allow to cool completely.
- Mould with your hands small portions of the previous mixture in the shape of a cylinder and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When the oil starts bubbling, add the cod croquette and fry them over medium heat. Occasionally, turn the croquettes with the help of a spoon. When the croquettes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the cod fish croquettes with carrot rice.