- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (21/4 pounds)
- 500 grams / (171/2 ounces) chickpeas
- 100 ml / (63/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 4 eggs
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Place the chickpeas to soak overnight.
- In a pressure cooker, with water seasoned with a little salt, cook the chickpeas for about 20 minutes. When cooked, drain it and set aside on a plate.
- Meanwhile, place the cod in a pan with water. Bring to heat and simmer about five minutes. When cooked, place the cod in a dish, remove the skins and the spines and shred it into slivers. Set aside. Cook the eggs in another pan.
- In a pan place the olive oil, chopped onions and the chopped garlics. Leave to sauté until the onion starts to turn slightly golden. Add the chickpeas along with the cod slivers and season with a little pepper. Mix everything well and cook for about two to three minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Place the previous mixture in a glass baking dish and, on top, the eggs cut into round slices. Bring to preheated oven at 180ºC / (350ºF) for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.