What you will need
• 8 large skinless chicken pieces, about 200 g each
• 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
• salad leaves (to garnish)
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 2 teaspoons oregano
• 2 teaspoons dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon white pepper
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Now Get Cooking!
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the blackening spices.
3. Toss the chicken in the spices, making sure that each fillet is evenly coated.
4. Heat a large heavy based frying pan over high heat until very hot.
5. Add the oil and fry chicken fillets on each side.
6. You want the chicken to fry quite fast so that you sear and roast the spices very well.
7. Don’t be tempted to add too many pieces to the pan at once or you will not get the desired effect.
8. When the fillet is well seared, place on a roasting tray and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9. Serve the chicken on a platter garnished with a few salad leaves.
Prep: 8 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes