- 2 dozen fresh sardines, washed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into halves
How to cook:
- Place the potatoes into a saucepan, over medium heat and cover with water. Season with salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until tender, about 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- Toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large platter, arrange the potatoes over half of the platter.
- Preheat the grill.
- Once ready, place the sardines on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until they are well browned, depending on size. Grill the sardines in batches.
- Place the sardines on the platter once done.
- Drizzle the sardines with olive oil and serve while hot.