For as long as I remember, I would always hear my family say, “if you want the best taste, you must invest in the best products.” so, when I prepare my Crawfish Étouffée, I insist on only fresh, never frozen, Louisiana crawfish tails.
- 2 lbs (1kg) FRESH Louisiana Crawfish Tails
- 2 cans Cream of Shrimp Soup
- 3 bars of unsalted butter
- 1 large bunch of onion tops
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 heaping tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
How to cook:
- Combine butter, soup, tomato sauce, sugar, & onion tops in a coated pot of your choice.
- Cook everything together, except tails & parsley, on a low fire for approximately 1 hour, stirring often not to stick.
- After cooking for an hour, increase fire to medium high.
- Once base starts to boil heavy, add Crawfish Tails & stir well.
- Once mixed well, drop fire to medium & cook 5 minutes, then taste gravy & season to preference. Tomato sauce & soup has salt, so don’t season base ahead of time.
- Cook another 10 min on low fire & remove from heat, add parsley flakes & stir in.
- Let rest another 20 min before serving.