- 1 savoy cabbage
- 1 turnip
- 3 carrots
- 1.2 kg / (22/3 pounds) potatoes
- 750 grams / (12/3 pounds) beef
- 150 grams / (51/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 1 farinheira (Portuguese smoked sausage)
- 1 chispe (pig paw)
- 1 pig’s ear
- 1 blood sausage
- 250 grams / (8¾ ounces) rice
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the beef, chispe (pig paw), the pig’s ear and the Portuguese chorizo in a pressure cooker, with water seasoned with salt, and simmer about 30 minutes. When everything is cooked, remove to a plate and reserve the cooking water. Place the farinheira (Portuguese smoked sausage) and the blood sausage in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain and set aside.
- Remove a little of the cooking water into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat, add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Put them in a pan with the remaining cooking water, the savoy cabbage cut into pieces, the carrots cut into strips, the turnip and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.