- 450 grams / (1 pound) turkey steaks
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Juice of one lemon
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the turkey steaks into strips and season with salt, nutmeg, paprika, lemon juice and pepper.
- Place the olive oil, chopped garlics and the chopped onion in a saucepan and sauté over low heat until the onion start to turn golden. Add the peeled tomatoes (cut into small pieces), the turkey strips and cook over low heat, until the tomatoes start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the cream and the mushrooms, stir and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve with white rice.