- 1/2 chicken cut into pieces (about 750 grams / (1.66 pounds)
- 150 grams / (5.3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 50 ml / (3.33 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) rice
- 6 chorizo slices for garnish
- Salt (to taste)
How to cook:
- Place the chicken and the chorizo in a saucepan with water seasoned with a pinch of salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and simmer about 40 minutes. Once cooked, drain the meat and the chorizo with a skimmer and reserve the cooking water. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and shred it with a fork. Peel the skin off of the chorizo and cut into small pieces; set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the chopped onions and the chopped garlics. Sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the shredded chicken, rice and the chorizo pieces. Season with a little salt, stir and fry 1 to 2 minutes over low heat. Then, pour the cooking water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil on high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Turn off the heat and place the mixture in a rectangular baking dish. Garnish with chorizo slices and bake about 15 to 20 minutes until slightly browned. Remove the baking dish from the oven and serve.